The famous Coombe Abbey Coventry
- School age
Brinklow Rd, Binley, Coventry CV3 2AB
£3.95 for a two hour play session (adults and Under 2’s go free)
Coombe Abbey Hermit’s Hollow: An Enchanting Play Space for All Ages
Hermit’s Hollow is inspired by a significant chapter in Coombe Abbey’s rich history. During the early 1600s, when Princess Elizabeth, daughter of King James I, resided at the Abbey, she allocated a portion of the grounds to create a cottage for a widow and her children, resembling a hermitage, complete with fowl-keeping facilities
Play sessions are two hours long and commence at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, and 4 pm. Tickets are £3.95 for children aged 2 and over, with adults and children under 2 entering for free. Tickets can be booked online in advance or at the on-site kiosk.
- Something for everyone: Hermit’s Hollow offers a diverse range of adventure features for children of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers.
- Immersed in nature: Hermit’s Hollow is set within the beautiful Coombe Abbey Park, providing a unique and natural play experience.
- Affordable fun: Tickets are just £3.95 per child for a two-hour session.
- Convenient: Hermit’s Hollow is easy to get to, with ample parking available.
The team at Coombe Abbey hope that Hermit’s Hollow will captivate children’s imaginations while providing ample opportunities for sliding, climbing, and energetic play.
Top Radio and podcasts
Tickets for Hermit’s Hollow can be booked online in advance or at the on-site kiosk. To book online, simply visit the Coombe Abbey Park website and select the date and time of your desired play session.
Parking at Coombe Country Park
Parking at Coombe Country Park is available at £3.50 for 2-4 hours and £5 for 4-24 hours. If the parking lot is at capacity but you’ve pre-booked Hermit’s Hollow, simply present your booking confirmation at the park’s entrance, where staff will facilitate your entry and parking.
Tips for Your Visit
- Book your tickets in advance: This is especially important during peak times, such as school holidays and weekends.
- Arrive early: This will give you time to park and explore the play area before your session begins.
- Wear comfortable shoes: There’s a lot of climbing and running involved at Hermit’s Hollow, so make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring a drink and snack: There’s a café on-site, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own drinks and snacks, especially if you have young children.
- Supervise your children at all times: Hermit’s Hollow is a safe and fun place to play, but it’s important to supervise your children at all times.
Hermit’s Hollow is a fantastic new addition to Coombe Abbey Park. With its diverse range of adventure features, immersive natural setting, and affordable price, it’s the perfect place for a family day out.
Hermit’s Hollow is a brand-new play park at Coombe Abbey Park, Coventry, UK. Immersed in its natural surroundings, it’s the perfect place for children of all ages to discover and explore.
With a diverse array of adventure features seamlessly integrated into the play structures, Hermit’s Hollow offers something for everyone. Visitors can navigate the Hollow’s intricate network of bridges, walkways, ramps, and tunnels, unleash their inner explorers on the Hermit’s talking tube, ascend to the treetops on the Canopy Spire, or zoom back to the ground on the spiralling tube slide or the universally accessible companion slide. Even toddlers have their own miniature adventures to relish.
Accompanying adults can relax and enjoy a delicious treat or hot beverage at Hermit’s Café, nestled within the woodland playground.